XML-Sitemaps.com is a free XML sitemap generator which scans your blog or website and creates an XML sitemap as well as an HTML version of the sitemap which can be used to create a sitemap page within your site.
Additionally, once an XML sitemap is created, you can submit it to Google using the Webmaster Tools site. However, this process for submitting a sitemap to Google is different for a Wordpress and Blogger blogs. Although, having a generated HTML version of your Blogger sitemap is also useful.
Create an XML Sitemap
1. Visit XML-Sitemaps.com and enter your blog URL in the "Starting URL" textbox.
2. Choose how often your blog is updated. This is also a request for how often you want the search engine robots to crawl your site. If you update your blog daily, then choose "Daily" from the drop down list.
3. Click "Start" to begin the process.
4. Once the sitemap has been created, you'll be redirected to a page where you can download the XML sitemap as well as the HTML version.
5. Click "Download" to download each of these to your computer.
1. Locate your Blogger sitemap by entering "http://your-blog.blogspot.com/robots.txt" into your browser's address bar.
2. You will see an entry labeled "Sitemap:". This is your sitemap location but it's not what you submit to Webmaster Tools.
3. There are four different sitemap codes you can submit dependent upon how many posts your blog has.
Less than 26 posts
Between 26 and 100 Posts
Between 100 and 200 Posts
Over 200 Posts
Submitting Sitemaps to Google Webmaster Tools
1. Visit Google Webmasters Central and sign up to use the Webmaster Tools.
2. If this is the first time you're signing up, you will be required to verify your blog.
3. Follow the verification steps.
4. To submit your sitemap, from the Webmaster Tools expand the "Site Configuration" link on the left side bar and then click "Sitemaps".
5. Click "Submit a Sitemap".
6. Enter the address of your sitemap either XML generated above or the ones listed above for Blogger.
Check back in a few minutes to see if your sitemap was submitted successful. If all is well, you will see a green check mark next to the sitemap address.